12. oktober 2015

How do I feel?

How do I feel 2 days after finishing my 20th Ironman (and 5th World Championship)?

Terrible! Legs hurting, some blisters (have had more in previous races), will probably loose a few toenails. Walking as an old(er) man, the stairs are painful - hurts to bend the knees. Getting gradually better, legs will be OK in a few days.

(Nice place for diving and snorkeling, we even see a lot of these from our window.)


Just after the race I got light massage, then I picked up my bike and we rode home (only 4.5 miles). Was not really hungry. Had a light meal which I ate 1/5 of. Lots of adrenaline and pain - no sleeping the first night.

Quiet yesterday (day after the race ) - spent most of the time close to our flat - by the pool, a bit movement in the water. Stomach and appetite gradually gets normal, Close to full night sleep this night.

Head a bit empty - enough of Ironman Triathlon for now. Have been much focus on my self and my body for a long time, looking forward to some "normal" travel and vacation days.

(While I'm wondering which big race I will attend next year. I have decided to not go back to Hawaii next year, even if I should qualify.)

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar