10. oktober 2010

Race report - the short version



Had an calm and OK swim, on land at 1.16 without using to much energy - ready for the bike. Started with "relaxed speed" on the bike - tried to get fast without using too much energy. As always, I bypassed a lot of competitors initially. OK winds; the first 70km was OK with light tailwind, after 80km the first "knock you of the bike gusts" started. As usual some headwind till the turnaround at 100km, tailwind back to 120. Had some weak periods in the heat, but continued to bypass competitors. Headwind the last 60km - was really exhasted around 150, but got more power and managed to relax at the end - started the run with lots of energy. My bike split was 5.08 - much better than expected (partly due easy conditions partly a very powerful cycling). (I'm thin and a good climber - the best cyclists in wind and flats are heavier people with more muscles). I advanced from place 127 to 43 in my age group on the bike. And usually I continue to advance during the run.
The first miles of the run which gives a 3.30 marathon). I slowed down a bit, but kept the speed very easy the first 10miles. Then, in a downhill my achilles started to hurt badly. (I have suffered from achilles tendonis the last month).

- I am stupid enough to start the race with this injury, but wise enough to avoid beeing really injured/invalid. I slowed down, reduced the speed, slowly jogging and partly walking to reduce the pain and pressure on the achilles.
- The result was of course a very slow marathon, 4.16 ending up in total time 10.48 with a lot of power left in my body.

Ended up in the middle of my age group (have not seen the total result), number 97.
(And in addition there are thousands of athlets that tried, but didn't qualify for the World Championship.)

- If I only were injury free....
I'll now spend the next months on treatment and train to prevent injuries.

1 kommentar:

  1. Det va veldig artig å fyge mæ! Fytti, der ligg mykje solid trening bak... Når du kan fullføre "energisk" ette 10 timar og tri kvarter! GRATULERER, håpar du æ fornøgd mæ å ha starta og fullført Alfred!!

    SvarSlett